OK, this is a shameless post alert so brace yourselves!
I am a girl with simple needs and don't really spend much money on myself. This is mainly because I need to watch the pennies as our wages never seem to last long, but if I am honest with myself there is another reason. Over the last few years I haven't wanted much of a fuss on my birthday as I feel like I'm not worth the expense, and this is not just down to finances, but also down to my low self esteem.
This year is different. I am putting some of my ghosts to bed and generally feeling better about myself. I work hard for my family, and I have finally decided that I would like to be spoiled on this years birthday. This time next week I will be 37 and I am looking forward to celebrating being another year older with my friends and family.
I have been having a little bit of fun today, thinking about what my ultimate birthday wish list would be. I am not saying for a minute that I would actually get any of these items but it does you good to have a wishlist, as I can always save towards the items I really want. So here is my ultimate birthday wishlist.
1. A brand spanking new Panasonic 4K TV . Those people who say size doesn't matter are talking rubbish. Well when it comes to TV's they are. A lovely new 65 inch Smart Full HD TV would be a wonderful addition to my life. It would mean I can catch up on all my favourite films- did I mention that I am a bit of a film buff!- in wonderfully high resolution and on a super sized screen. Sounds like heaven to me
2. Tickets to the Madness night at Chepstow Races. I was lucky enough to win tickets to see Madness earlier in the year in Cardiff and they were amazing. A night at the races, in my posh frock, all finished off with a Madness gig sounds like absolute heaven
3. A nice new handbag like this one. My current handbag for work is definitely past its best so it would be great to get a nice new one.
4. A Fitbit . One of my aims this year was to get healthier. Although I have lost weight, I really want to motivate myself to walk more as I spend most of the day at a desk. My boss has one of these and it has done wonders for her motivation so would love to try one too.
5. A photo book. I have always regretted not getting a photo book of my son done. I did a couple for my daughter when she was a baby, but time and money have been against me when it came to my son. It would be lovely to have a keepsake of his early years for me to look back on.
Anyway, that's it for my wish list. The items aren't cheap but a girl deserves to be spoilt once in awhile....right?