Thursday 2 July 2015

REVIEW- Chemist Direct- The online chemist

Last month, I was really excited to be given the opportunity to review Chemist Direct. They are the UK's number one pharmacy.

I lead a very busy life, as I work full time in a busy job and also have 2 small children. I leave the house by 8 each morning and don't get home till six so having time to visit a pharmacy is very difficult. I love the idea that I may not need to worry anymore about taking time off work to visit the pharmacy as I can order on-line. I am a big on-line shopper as it perfectly suits my needs so I was really keen to give Chemist Direct a go. Let me share with you how we got on.

I was given £50 to spend with the proviso that I couldn't use the voucher code on any discounted items. This turned out to be a pain for me as the vast majority i.e. 95% of the stuff on the site is discounted so it took me ages to be able to select some items and I wasn't able to buy a lot of items I would of liked to buy like Frontline for my cat and sun tan lotion for my kids.  I ended up bulk buying some items simply because I was finding it difficult to use the voucher code which is a shame because I haven't been able to show off the full range of items that are available on the site.

 The good news for you though is that you can really get some fantastic deals on the site, and the fact that so many things are discounted is great news for the average shopper. 

This is what I ended up buying

Vosene Citrus Refresh Anti-Dandruff Shampoo250ml-0.142
Henara Treatment Wax Tub375g-0.212
Colgate Whitening & Fresh Breath Toothpas100ml-0.076
Beechams Flu Plus Caps (8's)8 Capsules2.991
Anadin Original Tablets 16s16 Tablets-0.141
Do-Do ChestEze Tablets9 Tablets-0.151
Inecto Pure Cocunut Oil Conditioner500ml-0.145
Co-codamol 8/500mg Tablets32 Tablets-0.101
Schwarzkopf Gliss Colour Protect Shampoo250ml-0.151
Anadin Paracetamol Tablets 16's16 Tablets2.031
Dove Compressed Pure 48 Hour Protection 125ml125ml-0.272
Colgate Premier Toothbrush Twin Pack-0.081
Clairol 5in1 Hair Strength Shampoo200ml-0.103
You may worry about the controls that are placed on buying medication but you are asked certain questions when buying medication and  this is then reviewed by a doctor to sign it off before it is sent to you. There are also strict limits on how much of a particular type of medication you can order at one time. This is the  on-line doctor and prescription service and they cater for the following:


















This is also a very useful service for those of us who can't get to the doctor easily.

I was very impressed with the range of items that were available- There were lots of toiletries, medications, vitamins and supplements, travel items, hair dye and styling items and pet health items. Basically most of the items you would find in a normal chemist. The only items that were missing for me were make up and perfume/aftershave which you can usually find in a big chemist.

We ordered on the 04th of June and they arrived with us fairly quickly, within a few days of us ordering.

The items were really well packaged and delivery was very reasonable at £3.49. You can pay extra for next day delivery which is also useful if you need your items in a hurry. All the bottles were wrapped in bubble wrap so we didn't have any spillages which was appreciated.






Overall I was very happy with the service I received from Chemist Direct and would definitely use them again. This is a really convenient option for busy people like myself. 

5 comments:

  1. This is great to know. I knew that superdrug does the doctor signing off online for certain medications, but it's good to know other places do it as well!

    myunsettlinglife.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of them before now. I will look them up. Good to know they provide services like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the convenience of ordering online which is especially good when they deliver to your door. Great prices too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never thought to order chemist supplies online but it seems more convenient and a good way of stocking up your medicine cabinet for less. The next day delivery would definitely come in handy if you were ill in bed and couldn't get to a chemist too! Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to be able to order stuff like this online - it's so hard shopping when you have children. Shame you couldn't use the voucher on the discounted stuff but it looks like you have a good supply of stuff to keep you going!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts, but spam is not welcome!